jpbutterflywings293@gmail.com

Saturday, 15 August 2015

FUN IN THE SUN.

Hello peeps and friends .
Are you having fun in the sun ?
Well I would like to say yes but we had rain rain and more rain the last few days but the sun is back out  again so hoping to have more fun in the sun.

I have been out and about this week , had coffee with friends and family , lunch's with DH.

The start of the week we went to a funeral it was sad and then again a happy celebration of life.
We were asked to wear some bright colours , I love the way you can make a funeral a happy time with the story of the loved one and the music you can have played , and afterwards meeting some very nice people . I think it is a very nice way to make a very sad day a better one.

Our  garden and craft show is almost here  and we still have lots to do , so busy busy time for us .
Just hope the sun keeps shining for us .

I had a lovely gift from my sweet stitching sister Lynda bless her she always sends me some wonderful treats .
I also send her a summer package  and we both received it yesterday.

 So here is what I made for her.



Friends forever .
Soft pink 28ct even weave from my box and dmc threads 









If you want to take a look at what else I sent go over to Lynda 's blog Here this week.

 Here is what my sweet stitching Sis sent to me .


Beautiful goodies , lovely stitched pillow and the other  two I will work into a quilt  I have a few now to stitch up .


Beautiful thimbles and below what lovely sayings on the tea towels .


                                        A cute magnet




Great magazine and lovely seeds for next year , thank you Lynda every thing was wonderful .
Blogging friends are so kind.


My friend and I sat outside the coffee shop on the Terrance watching the world go by early one morning can you see the sea in the distance .


And later that day after lunch with Hubby we walked along the sea front and there were all kinds of creatures along the front even this snail.


  This is almost the last of my sweet peas they have been wonderful this year .



And my new rose has just bloomed.







Not sure if I showed you my little rose doll bell from the charity shop I love her so sweet.




Enjoy the rest of your weekend my friends .
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments have a fun week.

30 comments:

  1. What a lovely view from the coffee shop. Sounds like the perfect relaxing day. And your flowers...! The rose is a beauty. Hope the nice weather continues for you and you can enjoy the gifts in the garden.
    Love the little pillow you made!
    Have a very nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are so beautiful and full of colour. It is always such a pleasure to read your posts. Sunny Greetings from New Orleans, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gifts, June! And I spotted the "J" I made for you 😃

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful post.
    Lovely gifts.
    Enjoy your weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Lynda spoiled eachother very much.
    I love what you made for her. From which designer is it, I really like it! The colors, the design, everything.
    The flowers from your garden are really greta.
    And you can get new ones for next year, How great!!
    Enjoy your garden.
    here we will have rain all week,a nd it's my first vacation week

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be a beautiful gift!
    Beautiful pictures by the sea, the animals are huge :-)
    I have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finish and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh June, what a lovely, perfect pillow you stitched up for Lynda. My, did she ever spoil you! ;)
    Whatever is that snail made of June? I cannot figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a goegeous rose doll bell and the girfts sent and received so pretty and generous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sis, yes I did eat that strawberry.. It was sweet. Love your blog. thanks again for all my goodies. big hugs sister Lynda Ruthxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful views, flowers and presents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post as usual June, Your seaside looks a lot quieter than ours and this week it is carnival week so the town is heaving. I stay well away in the summer., a square inch of sand is not my cup of tea.
    All the pics such wonderful gifts you sent and received, love the new rose and your sweet peas have been glorious. Hope this week is as good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post as usual June, Your seaside looks a lot quieter than ours and this week it is carnival week so the town is heaving. I stay well away in the summer., a square inch of sand is not my cup of tea.
    All the pics such wonderful gifts you sent and received, love the new rose and your sweet peas have been glorious. Hope this week is as good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a bunch of lovely gifts for your Summer Exchange with Lynda! I hope the sun stays around for you and hubby to get ready for the garden and craft show. Maybe next year, those seeds you received will be in the show! Lovely garden pictures as always! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had an enjoyable week. Love the pictures. Gorgeous snaps of your flowers as always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful gifts!! Glad to know you enjoyed your time. Lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made beautiful pillow for exchange and received wonderful gifts too. Your rose doll bell is so sweet and of course flowers are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you have had a lovely week with outings and packages being delivered. A very pretty pillow you made and sent,.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We have had quite a bit of rain here in the Midlands too, I suppose the garden did need it last week tthough.

    Lots of lovely stitching and packages too :-)

    have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a wonderful gift you made for your stitching sister. I love how you finished it.
    And all these nice and pretty things you got back.
    You are so lucky living at the seaside. The best place to live in Summer!
    Hav a wonderful new week (with much fun in the sun)

    Hugs
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh June, what a wonderful place it is where you live. The terrace of the coffee shop gives you a wonderful view to the sea and then a walk along the seaside must be heavenly. Great pictures.
    You have received some great stitching and goodies from Lynda. I also love the little pillow of friendship that you made for her. I just have to go to her blog and see what else you surprised her with.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You and Lynda made such darling gifts for each other, June! How wonderful that you have become such close friends :)

    I love the look of the giant snail! What is he made of? You are very lucky to live in such a pretty part of the world with seemingly moderate temperatures... I know we could never grown such lovely flowers where I live.

    Hope you enjoy the rest of the month, my friend--hard to believe that September is only 10 days away!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely exchange, great choices of designs for each other.
    Beautiful photos as always too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello

    What lovely things you have sent to each other, the pillow you stitched is gorgeous.
    Beautiful flower photos too.
    Glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi June, just catching up with posts - back from our holidays today - we had a great time can definately recommend cruising lol. Lovely photos thanks for sharing - gorgeous stitching as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely gifts June and your photos are stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here we had a lot of hot days but now arrive a little of rain!!I love very much your cross stitch work!!So lovely presents you received!!Always flowers in your garden are beautiful!!Nice view from the terrace and funny snail!!Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely post, your gift exchange is wonderful, such nice goodies.
    It is always fun to take a stroll with my Husband, I bet you both had a wonderful time, love the snail.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  29. A beautiful post June. I have not read blogs for weeks now and I feel so bad about it.

    Both exchanges are wonderful. Gorgeous goodies.

    Looks like you have been having a lovely week. We have had some dull days but not so much rain. Next week is supposed to be nice but we shall see! It's certainly feeling rather Autumnal in a morning and night now.

    We also had a funeral this week. Carl's Auntie Joan passed away ages 90 and it was her funeral. The service was lovely, a celebration of her life and her wonderful character, then there was a get together in the village pub. Just one of his Mum's siblings left now.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete