jpbutterflywings293@gmail.com

Sunday, 26 June 2016

THE ROSE MONTH

Hello dear friends ,
Again thank you for all your kind caring words and lovely comments.
We are just doing nothing today and enjoying not having to look at the clock and rushing , another busy week over but we had some relaxing time too .
I have a few more blogs to catch up on this week , and I must say there are some lovely posts out there with beautiful stitching and beautiful roses and flowers .
So if you get a few minutes take a look at the talent that is out there.
A very warm welcome to my new follower , hope you enjoy your visit.
Well our weather is a bit up and down but we had time to work outside and sit outside a few times with a coffee and a mint ice cream lolly yummy.
My DH even went out to the summer house yesterday to read his book for an hour and I was putting together the English Roses design that I will show you in a moment.

I also had more lovely gifts from sweet friends .
But first my new WIP is growing and I am going to pull a few old WIPs back out this week.
So I know how a few of you though my new WIP was a black bird . Well it really does . 

But here is my new secret WIP growing along , I must say this is just beautiful you wait until she is finished I fell in love with her the moment I saw her , so next week you will see more of this beauty .

And this is why some thought it looked like a black bird .
                     

  Ok here is my finish of the 
"English Rose "
Like Angela I did not stitch all the chart just the middle .




           I have used a frame and backed the back with material and added a few trimming , what do you think ?



I love how she came out she sparkles too 
I did add a couple more large beads ,  lace, roses and bits until I was happy . 


   Never be afraid to add bits to your stitching use your creativity, and never rush .
I pondered for a week and then started to collect bits and bobs in the same colours and played about until I said to myself that's it. 

                                              

I Stitched it on 32 ct soft grey using Dmc threads .





This chart is now up for grabs so if you would like to stitch this one let me know in your comments you must be a follower .
                                -------------------------------
Now look what our beautiful friend Kim sent to me she is so amazing and talented.



Look at the lovely painted porcelain pot just beautiful.
And the wonderful scissor fob Kim made too .
Lovely rabbit kit , material and threads , thank you Kim for your kindness.



      
And from my lovely friend sweet Titty from Italy . 
Such lovely gifts from her heart thank you so much dear friend.

                  
I love every thing sweet friend and the sweets are so good.

                                   --------------------------
And another lovely gift from my friend Shirley 
This candle in the teacup smells so beautiful.
And beautiful hand made card, thank you so much.



Well it's gardening time so here are a few things out right now.

                 My small rose bush has gone mad  it , so full of flowers .










So keep stitching and having fun until next week ,
Best wishes.
And  I would love it if you can send the sunshine back.


31 comments:

  1. Your stitching is so pretty. Love the framing of the Roses. I love flowers and your pictures of the flowers are so pretty.
    I would love to have the pattern, so please include me. I stitch a variety of designs, including flowers. Enjoy your blog.
    http://joycesloveoflife.blogspot.com
    joycefrank@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your English Roses finish June, she is absolutely gorgeous! I have already passed my chart along to Lynda Ruth @ Purple Pixie Dust. I'm close to finishing mine, just have the trims to add so I should be sharing her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello June,
    your finish looks wonderful. All the little details are perfect. I love it.
    Your new stitching ist beautiful. I'm looking forward to your progress.
    Hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely post with lots of lovely goodies xxx Enjoy whats left of the weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful, beautiful finish for your English Rose! Your friends have given you such lovely gifts. Wow! What a gorgeous time to be in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you finished English Rose - it's simply beautiful. You've received some thoughtful gifts. Your garden looks gorgeous!
    Looking forward to seeing more of that new start...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you finished English Rose. Beautiful! I would love a chance to stitch it. Lovely Garden! http://christiescrossstitchcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your finish of English Rose, it must have been fun dressing her up and completing it into a picture. Your garden is super. Best wishes for some sunshine.Hugs Shirley N.Z.

    ReplyDelete
  9. English Rose looks so beautiful in that silver frame.
    The bling adds a lot to it too, just beautiful.
    As always, your flowers are gorgeous too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous finish dear friend, very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an elegant finish you created for your English Rose pattern, it's adorable with all the details.
    Lovely gifts and flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely post with a great stitching update, a superb finish, lovely goodies and beautiful blooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your "English Rose" finish is so gorgeous - perfect for a rose-lover with all that romantic details on it. Love it!
    Looking forward to seeing more of your new WIP - it looks very beautiful so far!

    Have a wonderful new week!

    Hugs
    HIlda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way you framed your beautiful piece, June! Gorgeous, gorgeous!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely stitching June, lots going on. I would send some sunshine if we had any but alas no - it's been pretty damp for the last couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful stitching as usual, and glorious flowers. Very heart-lifting x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely gifts and beautiful roses!

    ReplyDelete
  18. English Rose finish is fabulous, you have such an eye for making something look so beautiful.
    Have a lovely week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. English Roses is spectacular!! What a beautiful piece! Wow!! You did amazing in the finish, with the bits and bobs... so pretty! I look forward to seeing pictures of your garden, and this time, I wonder what the name of your Day Lily is? That is a color I have not seen here... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You fooled us all with your latest stitching, June--I thought it was a bird, too, and instead it's a lovely lady :) And your English Roses finish is so special... a perfect pink finish for your display hutch!

    Great gifts from your friends and such perfect roses... I dream of even having one rose bush like yours :) Enjoy the last few days of "your" month, my friend! On to July!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful stitching and flowers :). The deep red ones are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. che rose stupende, e il tuo ricamo è meraviglioso, mi piace tantissimo come l'hai rifinito

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you,thank you for all the roses both the stitched one and those who grow beautifully in your garden. I like very much the way you embellished your "English Rose" actually in the morning before I open the computer I also added some trim and a silk rose to my finsh .Great minds think alike!!

    Your roses are truly amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wonderful, how you finished and framed your beautiful lady. All the little things that you added to frame her are so perfect for her. Great job, June. And your new lady will be just as beautiful as the finished one.
    Great gifts that you received from your friends. And I was enjoying the walk through your garden a lot. It must be such a delight to see all these flowers and smell their fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful faces stitched!And I adored the second flowers what are they?AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my the faces look lovely, I like the little trims you added to the framed face.
    Kim is a sweetheart, she sent some lovely items.
    Your other gifts are lovely too.
    Beautiful flowers so pretty, looking at the photos of the flowers I can almost smell them if I close my eyes.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I've been so behind in my reading! Your English Rose finish looked professionally done, so gorgeous, you're a great creative talent👍 And your flowers never cease to amaze me, so lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. English Rose looks so beautiful. I love the embellishments you have chosen for her framing too.
    Kim has sent some gorgeous gifts out. Her porcelain painting is just exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi June
    Asked Ron for your blog details and loving your site. Your lady cross stitch is stunning. Love the way you have mounted this work using material and extras stunning work. Carol x

    ReplyDelete