jpbutterflywings293@gmail.com

Sunday, 3 July 2016

VICTORIAN .

Hello to all my friends .
Well we are now into July , so goodbye to June.

Thank you again for all your wonderful comments I do love to read them all, and I love getting to know each
 and everyone of you.

Did you know that I have a love of all things Victoriana , as well has Shabby chic .

I love all pretty things always have , so I start my post with a touch of time gone by .
I do love to collect any thing with a Victorian theme , and have collected many books  , here is one I love to look at.
                        
      


      Most of all our crafts started in the Victorian times .
  Patchwork & Quilting , flower craft, Needlepoint ,
 Cross Stitch, Bead work, Paper craft , 
       Tassels and cords, Decoupage,
Lacework , Shell work, just to name a few.
                  
 

I  love old cards and pretty bits and bobs.




                                
Oh how I would love to spend some time with this
 box of goodies.
  
        Here is a box,  an old friend send to me , we have
  sadly lost touch , but this is something the Victorians 
     would make and send it is a box that opens with
              a glass front how clever.

                        

I think next year I may make some of the above instead of Birthday cards for a change so watch this space .

And now my sewing here is my WIP last week .



 And Now.


          Do you like her I think you will love her soon.


 Lady of leisure 
Unlike working-class women of the Victorian era ,
this lady would have enjoyed a very nice lifestyle , filled with traditional pastimes such as embroidery , reading , music and taking tea. Dressing was also very important-throughout the 19th century , clothing became more and more lavish until it was covered with lace and beading .
Next week I will tell you who the designer is and where you can get this lovely chart from .
---------------
WINNER .
And the Winner of my Rose lady chart from last week was.
Joyce Clark Frank , Congrats to you and can you email me with your address and I will send it on to you , I hope you enjoy stitching it has much as I did.
-------------- 
Ok back to my craft room and garden.



Inside and outside my craft room window .








Have a happy week and a Happy 4th July to all my friends .

23 comments:

  1. Ooh look forward to seeing what you come up with after being inspired!! Gorgeous photos as always I just love looking at your makes :-) however I really need to get my finger out and get stitching - if I can drag myself away from watching the Good Wife (which me and hubby have become a bit addicted to!!) I think I'll sort some fabric and patterns out and see if I can get started with something xx hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like things from the Victorian Era, they are just so pretty.
    Great progress on Lady of Leisure.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful progress on your lady.
    Your photos from your flowers are so beautiful as always.
    Enjoy the Sunday.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely book, beautiful stitching and oh those garden pictures...have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ladies in years gone by were very clever as they didn't have the huge array of materials that we can buy so easily nowadays. Lovely post as always June.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely. You have such a good eye when it comes to taking photos. I always enjoy the picture walk through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I very much like your box from your old friend. Your craft room looks great. Your flowers also. You made lovely progress on the beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beauty in your post June, inside the craftroom and outside and pretty pictures in your book. The box frame from your old friend is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love things from the Victorian era, thank you for sharing those photos. I am presently reading Julian Fellowes' Belgravia and your Lady of leisure looks just the part!
    have a wonderful evening

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks beautiful June, both inside and out and of course your stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy week to you too!!Lovely flowers always in your garden!!Ohhh I d like live in Victorian age....What do you think to turn in the past with the time machine?I ll invite to my cottage for a tea and cross stitch!!!Lovely your works!!!Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fine works from the Victorian age. Both inside and out look amazing and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your sweet lady already now - wonderful progress!
    Thanks for sharing all this Victorian treasurs - I am lookging forward to see the cards you are planning to make next year.
    Have a wonderful new week!

    Hugs
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your lady looks so elegant and there is beautiful things in your Victorian themed book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The view from both inside and outside your craft room looks wonderful, June! I enjoyed reading about all things Victorian, too... Lovely progress on your pretty lady :)

    Thanks for the happy 4th of July wishes! We are due for rain this afternoon, so I'm so glad we had our family picnic yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely stitching, and I so enjoyed looking at all the Victorian crafts. And your flowers - I particularly liked your window-box. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Truly enjoyed the peek at your Victorian collection. Lovely stitching progress and your garden photos never cease to amaze me:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your lady gets prettier the more you stitch. Love your garden photos, it is just a riot of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These pictures of needlework and paper things from the Victorian era are gorgeous. Nice to imagine how the ladies spent their time with them.
    Your lady is so beautiful already. I'm very curious to know who the designer is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful progress on your lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woooowww...your flowers are gorgeous!
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for your give a way of the Rose Lady chart. It will go into my to stitch stash near the top. I love all your Victorian era things. I am also a fan of that era.
    What pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete