jpbutterflywings293@gmail.com

Saturday, 14 January 2017

SNOW !

 Well hello again dear friends it's the weekend already .
I have had a good week , I met up with some friends for coffee and we talked about the last few weeks and what we had been up to.
The weather as been a little up and down one day really cold and the next sunny .
They told us we would have some snow but it never reached us here, only on the moor's can I see any white , but we did have another bad frost last night. 
DH was out this morning breaking the ice off the birdbath and feeding the birds.

Well what have I got to show you today , a lovely gift , stitching, knitting a new SAL and new start. 
I also redressed my dresser , too cold to go into my craft room yet but when I get out there I will bring in some Spring bits to put on the dresser.

Another Christmas ornament ready to put together.


Grande Histoire de Noel 
Les Brodeuses Parisinnes.
On 28ct white evenweave 
Once I get some free days I will start to finish them all and put away for next Christmas.

Below my Wip last week .


This week.


Growing slowly.
--------
 And here is my new start for this January, friends who know me know I always start a new WIP for the New Year.
After sorting I found this one .

  
We have the 12 months of the year,  now will I stitch them all !
I may do they would make a lovely throw over . We will see after I stitch the first one which will be April or May. 
I have loved Sunbonnet Sue for a long time I just love little children.
Takes me back in time what fun we had we had no mobile phones or the Internet , so we had to make our own fun and the time seem to last forever .
But life moves on so they say.



And I just made a new start on my SAL , I am going to make a table topper I think so but not sure yet.


                       Just started to stitch the edging .
                                    -------------------
And here is another pair of gloves need to sew them together now and start the next pair .


Gifts from my friend Natalie from France 
Thank you so much love everything the magazines are just beautiful and love the butterfly pad I will keep my notes inside , even a gift for my last GGB. 



I was looking for something for this jug and wanted cream with just a touch of pink .
What do you think .


Only cost £1 they look real .
Here is my dresser now after all the decoration are put away.










Thank you to everyone who left a comment last week .
I do love to hear from you all.
I wanted you to know it means so much to me.
Could you please do one more thing for me , two of my sweet stitching friends are very ill could you please say a prayer for Maureen and Janet they are such lovely caring sweet friends .
Thank you , see you next week , have fun.

28 comments:

  1. I like your choice of linen June, I look forward to seeing it grow. A lovely blog post as always, I love stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June: I will add your Friends to my daily prayers.
    Love the Lady with the hat she is beautiful, you are almost done.
    The Christmas ornament is so sweet, you have a bunch of wonderful gifts, what a sweet Lady Natalie is.
    I love your dresser so pretty, it reminds me of spring, we will not have spring for three more months, just snow and cold 20 degrees today brrrr.
    I am very excited to see your SAL.
    The vase you picked id perfect for the roses.
    Love your gloves.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh June, Grande Histoire de Noel is so very cute! Your lovely lady is really coming along now. Those roses are gorgeous! I thought they were real. You made me smile. :D I spied my coffee mat on your dresser. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little reindeer and cross stitch piece on your header. The lovely lady with the hat of flowers is coming along and I love it. The sunbonnet sue idea is fantastic and I love how they have turned it into a quilt. I hope you do some stitching on that one and share with us. The flowers in the jug on the windowsill look pretty. I will certainly say a prayer for your friends and hoping they will feel well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello June,
    wonderful update on your lady.
    I like your new project. I love Sunbonnet Sue and I have the patternbook,too.
    Your dresser is so pretty.
    Enjoy the weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grande histoire de noel finish is just perfect!
    Great progress on your lady too.
    Wishing you a lovely week,
    Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty things to look at! I like Sun Bonnet Sue...never thought of stitching her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post has inspired to me to go down to my craft room, survey my pattern books and get started on something new. Thank you. I love Sun Bonnet Sue patterns in both quilts and cross-stitch. I will enjoy watching your progress. I really like the ladies hat that is emerging. The roses are beautiful. Your dresser has also inspired me to fix up the corner cabinet in my kitchen. It needs some pretty things on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much to admire and drool over on this post June, but there always is on your posts and this one is no exception.I shall look forward to seeing your achievments this year. Hope you are staying warm.Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. For you are always beautiful and comfortable, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures. Lots of stitching happiness there. Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the sweet words yoy wrote to my blog comments,I also really enjoy your posts so many pretty things to enjoy.Your posts gives me inspiration. I am sorry to hear your friends are not well and I promise to keep them in my daily prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful stitching you are doing! I absolutely love your knitted gloves :) Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your latest finish...so pretty! But your dresser June is just stunning. Such beautiful colours and a wonderful collection of treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dresser looks beautiful June, such pretty things you have found to adorn it this month. I hope your friends are able to enjoy better health soon.
    Pretty ornament stitch ready for next years tree.
    Have a lovely week June. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much loveliness here. :)
    I'll be praying for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous photos - your bargain roses look amazing!!! Your WIP is really coming on - just lovely - have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Prayers done, with heart!
    Your dresser is one of the things I like to se more!
    Curiosity...for the new SAL.
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful stitching and pictures :). The new ones are so you

    ReplyDelete
  21. Always love to see your dresser décor. Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like 2017 is starting off to be a stitch-filled year for you, June! Lovely lady with her pretty hat and such a cute little Christmas ornament. Your dresser re-do looks so pretty, too. We have had no snow here and today it is quite warm (but very gray and rainy). I'm heading up to my mom's tomorrow so I'm very pleased that there won't be any bad weather to deal with on my drive...

    Enjoy your week, my friend--and thank you again for your sweet birthday card and the pretty January Calendar Girl chart. That was so thoughtful of you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great WIP of the Lady. Lovely things on your dresser and beautiful gifts received. Good luck with your stitching goals in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've done a great job on your lady and the Christmas ornament is so sweet as well.
    Your dresser is amazing, so many beauties there.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahoj,
    Tvoje výšivky i ostané sú nádherné. Aj výtrina je perfektná!!!
    Páči sa mi aj tá kytica ruží v bodkovanej konvici :-)
    Pekný deň,
    A.

    Hi,
    Your embroidery is beautiful. Car showcase and is perfect !!!
    I also like it dotted bouquet of roses in a pot :-)
    Have a nice day,
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your dresser looks beautiful and all your stitcheries are so lovely. Your Victorian lady is going to be stunning, I love her.I have that sunbonnet sue book waiting for me to start. I have the week days that I started a very long time ago that I want to pick up and finish as a hanging but need to finish the crosstitching first. I think there is a couple of days more to do. They are delightful and fun to do. I have joined some FB groups with crosstitching which has been a lot of fun. I do wish well for your dear friends. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. che bei progetti e meravigliosi i ricami

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my, June, what a wonderful post full of eye candy again.
    This little girl is so sweet and it will be a lovely ornament. And your Victorian Lady has seen some great progress.
    I'm totally in awe of your new start. It seems it's an older chart and I must admit there are a lot of beauties among the older designs. Just great, June.

    ReplyDelete