Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 3 January 2022

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

 Well here we go into another New Year , now my hubby loves the turn of of the year and  gets excited .

But I get a little sad seeing another year pass , not sure why but I get a little tearful.

I try and get into a joyful mood , and always stay up to see the New Year in .

I think the reason is I am a one year older and I need to slow the clock down ha  , but  mostly I think backwards about all the lost family and friends  that are not with us any more and that starts me off feeling tearful .

But it is the time of year I think backwards  .

Now New Years Day is different !  I think forward  I am excited to sort out a new design to  add to my others , but  that can turn into many ! and not just one ha. Then I get excited when my hubby and I plan the garden out and plan decorating the house .

There is always lots to do each year .

I have already planned out my stitching this will be much the same as last year  with new ones added .

Jo asked me so show a few of my books this year I do have alot so will show you a few this year .

                                       ----------------------------------------------------

I would like to get 3 large ones finished this year if I can , but I will not pressure myself  .

So here is the first UFO of the year I worked on last week but just a few stitchies a day 

all helps for it to grow .              This was a SAL by Maryse , from a couple of years ago . 

                                            The material is a lemon colour but it's so dull here today


   I found this in a CS mag a few years ago and thought oh yes I must stitch this I like the 3D  on two of the butterflies .



So just started  this one it is  a  creamy lemon material   would you believe , but it is so dull here again today.

  
                                       I started kitting a scarf thanks to Dany .
                                     A bit slow but I knit watching the news .


                                                        This weeks book is ? 

 


                                               And inside are some really lovely charts 














Now I will warn you I have many many books you may ask why , well I lived so close to David & Charles  a few years ago , and it's a good job they have now moved , because my friend and I would go once a week and come home with a  bag full some just a couple of pound because of a little damage , that most times you could not notice .  We also live near to Trago also a great place for cheap books . But lately they are going up in price.

Well my friends thank you for your friendship . Thank you for your kindness .

Thank you for all the lovely gifts and cards  . So many hand made ones .

Have a wonderful year , and I look forward to see what you have stitched and finished in 2022.

So lets go for a bumper year of stitching . So bring ob 2022.



 


17 comments:

  1. I love that book you showed. There are a lot of good stitching in it. Love all your cross stitching too. Have a great week. hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 3D Butterfly design, what a clever idea.
    Thanks for sharing your book, I have that one too. I'm a big fan of Joan Elliott.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year June: I am sad when the year comes to a close, it does mean I am one year older plus when the clock turns its still winter and cold, it was 7 above this morning, a little warmer now.
    I am so loving your designs you have stitched, ther butterflies are beautiful as is the Sampler.
    Nice book you have to show, I am looking forward to seeing some of your other books.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the two cross stitch projects you are working on. It has been dull and dreary here also. Nothing photographs true to color. I like your knitting. It looks like a nice and easy pattern repeat. Oh how I love books. I too would probably buy those books if they were greatly reduced in price. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year June. Your projects are beautiful & that scarf looks so soft & almost fluffy. Just gorgeous wool & gorgeous colour too!💙
    Yes here's to another Year of crafting & creativity. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belle et heureuse année, santé, bonheur, joie, bref le meilleur pour 2022 !
    Une belle rétrospective d'ouvrages tous aussi jolis les uns que les autres, bravo !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you June , Happy new year to you and your family .
    Thank you for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year June, Starting a new year fills me with optimism and I am not sorry to see 21 go. I just hope 22 is a much better year and I'm going to do my best to make it so. So little we can change other than ourselves. It is always bittersweet around the holiday, missing those that we loved that are now gone. But, it is good that we think of them and feel sad at the loss and enjoy the memories of past Christmas's. The years fly by even faster as we age and we need to make every day worthwhile.

    The scarf looks so cozy!! I knit years ago and should give it a try again. Enjoy stitching on all your projects, The maryse sampler is so pretty!! I am sure you will have that completed in 22! I miss seeing your flowers are they all gone? Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buon anno June, che sia pieno di ricami e di progetti per il giardino e la casa, con tutti i tuo famigliari. Tanta salute e felicità!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, exciting stitching times ahead for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the same feelings on New Year's Eve as you, June--a bit sad and missing my loved ones. On New Year's Day I like to stay busy putting Christmas things away and tidying up... It's always a good feeling to declutter and put things back to normal again. Your new projects are looking lovely and I'm sure we'll have all sorts of good stitching ahead of us in 2022! Happy New Year, my sweet friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, the pattern from Maryse is great, nice that you have made it your own. The book is also great, beautiful patterns.
    Have a good week, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your post, lots of beautiful stitching. The Maryse sampler is so pretty. The scarf looks very cozy.
    I wish you a happy new year
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOTS of beautiful stitching. I never plan out what I want to stitch. Sometimes I have a rough idea of wanting this or that for myself and work those in around the stitching I do for charity...sometimes certain yarn calls out to me to be worked. Happy New Year to you and yours. I was so glad to see 2021 go and am so hopeful for 2022 that the world can finally get back to something normal, but I don't know if that is going to happen. I long for pre-Covid times.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year June, starting a new year always seems like a new beginning. I love those butterflies and your book A Woman's Place. I saw that one in our local library.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year! Lovely stitching and what a sweet scarf you are knitting, it looks so soft and warm
    Enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice post,thanks for sharing very useful
    Visit Us IT TELKOM SURABAYA

    ReplyDelete