Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday 17 June 2023

Rain and Thankyous .

 Well what a week , so busy .

I have many thankyou's to my lovely blogging friends .

But first we had a little rain last night , after weeks of hot sunshine , the sun has almost killed the flowers as they  opened , it is not enougth rain  but it will help , I know many of you are the same ,with no rain.

Then the Car broke the Kettle broke and the Printer broke , they say it comes in 3s.

So yes it's been a great week and a difficult week. We we are getting there .

I want to thank everyone for the my Birthday gifts and kindness from blog land and home land .

I have been so spoiled again .

And yes another year older I never think about the years but my hubby said you are  -- ? now I said no way , but sadly I am , so I need to stitch faster than ever now. 

I did manage to stitch last week and finish a sweet seaside stitch from my box , 

                                                  Bommel Lighthouse Collector

                                                                 BY 

                                                           Cosmic Handmade 


Now I had trouble with this one because I did not allow enough material for his feet  and they are missing  so now he looks like he is sitting with his feet in the water.   You can always get over mistakes if you think about it .  I think I will look for a nice frame now and will show you again when he is framed  .

                 


                                  I stitched this little card for our friend Vickie .

And now some lovely gifts and beautiful cards from some very sweet friends .

  Little Mouse always makes my these lovely project bags for my stitching , just look at these two beauties and what a beautiful card so cute , thank you mouse I love them .



    From my lovely friend Lynda a great  bag and cute purse  , thank you so much .                             



From Titty  some lovely goodies  and yummies  .



Thank you Titty love everything  .


               
                                      From Jutta thank you so very much , 

        
                                           From Andrea  thank you  .


                         From Gabi thank you .



From  Erna Thank you .



Hand made cards from  Erna , Gabi , Martina , Andrea , and Manuela .
Thank You all.
And Jo made this amazing card .
You can turn it around for a different picture every day.


                                                  Love it Jo . 



                       From Natalie THANK YOU . The Happy Birthday one I will pop into a pot and I will then have lovely plants growing from it , I can see the seeds in the card when you look into the light 





From my sweet friend Carol who first got me into blog land years back , a BIG THANK YOU .
Like my last blogs saying I have never looked back .
What a wonderful gift love the card and chart also the butterfly crystals  .



                                     So pretty so  me .THANK YOU .


                                  Well friends you have had me in tears and made me laugh  
                                                 with your kindness Love You All .
                                                                And a BIG THANK YOU .
    
                                

14 comments:

  1. Bommel Lighthouse Collector is adorable and I thought he was supposed to have his feet in the water. ;) I love my bunny card! My you have such pretty gifts. I especially love June's stitched piece. My gift will hopefully arrive any day now. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderfull-to have many friends around you.We can say-the world is so nice ♥
    Have a nice day-with love Eva H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed all your birthday gifts. big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute finish, the Bommel lighthouse.
    WOW! So many lovely cards and gifts received.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What absolutely beautiful heartfelt gifts you have received June. Pleased to read you have had some rain as I have been reading about how dry it is over there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear June, Firstly, the little sailor looks absolutely fine with his feet in the water. After all it's a hot day ;-)
    Secondly, you are a lucky lady having so many friends remember your birthday and shower you with card and gifts.
    Thirdly, you don't need to stitch faster you just have to do this:
    Once there was an old lady who loved to stitch. One day the Grim Reaper knocked at her door and said: It is time for you to come with me. The old lady said to him: give me just one more day so I can finish my stitching. The Grim Reaper agreed to come back the next day and get her. She said that was fine and would he just write it over her door so she won't forget it. Agreed, said the G.R. and took a piece of chalk and wrote over her door: I will come tomorrow to get you.
    The next day he came back and knocked on her door: Old Lady it is time for you to come with me but she pointed to his writing over the door. Not today, here you wrote "tomorrow".
    And so the old lady stitched and lived happily ever after ;-)))

    Happy stitching,
    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, we haven't had any rain yet, it's supposed to come on Thursday, let's wait and see if it hits us.
    Your coastal stitch looks lovely, so cute and it really puts your feet in the water. Perfectly solved.
    You received so many magical cards and gifts, I am very happy.
    enjoy the weekend
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello June,
    your little bear with the lighthouses are very cute. I like your idea to finish it.
    So many beautiful cards and gifts arrived at you.
    Last thursday we had some rain, but we need many more rain.
    Enjoy the Sunday, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. che bella l'idea del pizzo e della passamaneria per la rifinitura del marinaio! Qui in Italia è arrivato il caldo dopo un mese di pioggia, il giardino non è propriamente bello, spero che si riprenda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about everything breaking down all at once. Hopefully your three is finished for now and I hope none will be to expensive to repair or replace! I love how you finished the bear with no feet! That was very clever of you! You received some very lovely cards and gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear June,
    we finally had enough rain, hopefully you too.
    Beautiful gifts and cards for your birthday have reached you, thanks for showing.
    Hugs, Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful gifts and cards you received, dear June! You are well-loved and I hope you had a truly wonderful birthday. Your newest finish is darling! Love the way you added the ric-rak and lace to look like water! Just so sweet... Hope your week of broken things is over for a while. Enjoy your weekend, my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...what Beautiful Birthday Cards you received from your friends....they are just beautiful. Happy Belated Birthday.

    Love all of your stitching - they are so cute and so adorable....awww how sweet...love the colors of them.

    Take care & Happy Stitching
    Linda K, Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday! I love all the gifts and cards that you received. You are well loved. I like the card you made for your friend and the Lighthouse cross-stitch. I like how you fixed the mistake.

    ReplyDelete