Search This Blog

Translate

Friday 16 August 2024

TIME.

Yes not much free time at this time of the year , It's been a busy Summer so far.

So I make the most of any free time to rest up with my stitching , but I have so much finishing to do soon ! maybe  in the Autumn .

At last we are getting a few more Summer days, and now the  Olympic's are here so even less time . I  have never known the weeks go by so quick ,  do you feel the 

same ?  there never seems enough hours in the day .

This week I have another small stitch ready and a Birthday card  for Martina  to show you all. My friend also gave me another beautiful puzzle , which I will start once I can find the time !  but I will make time for the things I love .

We had a few weeks of appointments , this week a eye test  , I am happy we both still have good eyes , and I ordered some new glasses that I liked . So I can stitch for more years Ha . 

We had a fun day on Saturday with lots of things going on and  singers and  crafts and loads for  the family's  to do. the weather was good so that makes a change . At last it's Summer .  We have been run off our feet now for weeks . There is so much going on in our town . But I have at last got a few hours to put on a blog .

Hubby and I still have a few appointments for things  this month and the next month then we should be slowing down a little and getting back to normal .

So no finishing done only stitching . The one below was stitched from a very old magazine . I ripped it out and put it in a folder years ago , so no information on it.

If I can find the mag I will let you know 

Here is a little card I stitched for Martina .

 


Will leave you with some flowers brought for me and in my garden .


                       SWEET PEAS not so good this year.

 









And beautiful roses from our local boxing club are still flowering .
Thanks to Chris and the boys and girls .

So that's it for this week.
Hoping I can get another blog in next week .



 








21 comments:

  1. I love your stitching. Those flower photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonitos bordados y maravillosas flores y en cuanto al tiempo...... cada vez se me hacen más cortos los días y necesito hacer tantas cosas.......... tantas puntadas....... y leer tantos libros......
    BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers always make me smile June - so beautiful & the colours so lovely. I am pleased to read you are finally getting some summer. Yes when you have lot of appointments it can really make the weeks go by so fast. Take care June - enjoy the fine weather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, it's really summer here too, warm, sometimes very hot, and hardly any rain, the garden has to be watered every day, but it looks really great. I really enjoyed the Olympics, lots of sports that I don't normally watch. And - oh dear, September is just around the corner, where does the time go? You're absolutely right.
    The little motif is beautiful, and the fabric goes perfectly with it.
    I really liked my card, I love the little house, thank you for that.
    Have a nice weekend, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. We watched the Olympics every day. What a pretty stitch. And nice card for Martina! Oh the sweet peas! And those petunias are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello June: Summer is a busy time for most of us, it has been a very easy summer with only a few hot days in the 90s, today rain for the tractor show which Mike is at.
    So glad you both had good eye examines.
    Love the flowers design and the birthday card is so sweet.
    Thank-you for sharing your lovely garden flowers.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ja, die Zeit vergeht rasend schnell, je älter ich werde, umso schneller, ist mein Gefühl.
    Martina hat eine sehr schöne Karte von dir erhalten.
    Hab eine schöne Zeit, liebe Grüße, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello June,
    your little flower is so beautiful. It will be a wonderful little pillow. The card for Martina is cute.
    Yes the times goes by very fast.
    Enjoy the time and a big Hugs, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest June, I too have very little time for the blog and embroidery. Guests one after the other and I'm always running! But now I'm embroidering a card for newlywed friends.
    The card you received is delicious and your flowers are always beautiful. I send you a big hug wishing you a good continuation of August.
    Ciao Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Le temps file ... et je n'ai pas eu beaucoup de temps pour moi car les petits-enfants sont venus les uns après les autres. Ils sont grands maintenant mais ils demandent beaucoup d'attention. C'était une joie de les recevoir. Ton jardin est superbe et j'adore les pois de senteur. On en voit très rarement. Nous avons rendez-vous chez l'ophtalmologue fin septembre car quelques petits soucis. J'espère que je vais pouvoir continuer à broder. Je vous souhaite à tous les deux une très belle fin d"été. Prenez soin de vous. Dany.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your small projects, so sweet. And your flowers are so beautiful!! Have a very good and relaxing evening

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I feel the same way, June--this has been one busy summer! A bit too busy for me :) I think the card you made for Martina is so sweet--I'm sure she loved it. And your flower stitching is wonderful--so bright and cheery. Love the flowers--how nice to be given such a beautiful bouquet! Not long until your nice holiday--I'm sure you're counting the days! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweets projects. Beautiful flowers. Ciao dall' Italia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has been a long and too much hot summer here in Italy. Not too much stitched for this reason. Your small projects are nice and quick to do when one can't stitch for different reasons. Your flowers are wonderful as always, but the sweet peas are my favourite, even if I have never had them.
    H&K,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning roses! I love those orange and red flowers you stitched!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful stitching. The card looks wonderful. Your flowers look great too. Hopefully the winter won't be as cold as the summer was hot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your stich work is soooo beautiful and the flowers in your garden are stunning and so vibrant! Hope you have an amazing rest of the summer beauty!

    xoxo, MidoriLinea

    https://www.midorilinea.com/blogs/midori-linea/panda-village-koala-world

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear June,
    yes, that's how I feel too, time flies by the older I get.
    You've shown us a beautiful new embroidery, and the card for Martina turned out great too.
    And your wonderful photos of your garden speak for themselves, I can only imagine how much time and effort you have to put into it.
    A big hug, Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute stitches and it's always lovely to see the flowers in your garden.
    The months are racing by at an alarming rate, it hardly feels like we have had summer at all and now it will soon be Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your post is so colorful, first the beautiful embroidery followed by flowers in your garden.
    All the best for your appointments and best wishes, hugs, Erna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Time flies faster and faster and yes the number of
    appointments increases from year to year. I havent'h had as many
    appointments as this year, unfortunately, not enough time for what i love.
    The card for Martina is so cute, she will be very happy with this embroidered house. Good luck for your appointments my dearest June, big hugs, Anna

    ReplyDelete