Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 11 July 2022

Busy in the sun.

 Hello all , 

Are you enjoying your summer . 

We are now having a heat wave just a little to hot for me .

Our heat is very hot and sticky and very strong and will burn you up like a crisp , so we do have to be a little careful .

Don't get me wrong I love the sun but not when it gets to strong .

So what have I been up to this week well watching the  wonderful tennis  , gardening , lunching out a couple of times and the dentist .

Any spare time , my stitching and watching the TV , but not so much on there in the summer .

Oh yes and sorting out photos into a new box I brought to keep them safe and writing on the backs of who they are so that the family know , today many don't keep photos because they keep them on phones and PCs , but I like to keep my ones in a box and my family often ask to see them and can spend hours looking and laughing at how they looked when they were little , and how we looked to. It is great fun  and great family time .

    Well I have stitched another flower dish holder wonderful for holding earrings at night or rings .

This one was designed by the lovely Dany  , Roses de l'amitie  by Danybrod .


                                               And here is the backing material.

                    I used a pretty pink 28cnt evenweave from my bits bag .

                                      These make lovely gifts for my friends .


   

                  And some more lovely gifts from my lovely friend Titty from  Italy .


Thank you so much Titty for all the lovely gifts you sent me .
I have already started to use them.
A very big THANK YOU.




 Lets step into the garden ,with the heat we are now having I think it will all burn up before long 

But hubby is watering every night so we will see,

                                      Another little  butterfly .

 












    I hope you all have a wonderful week and I will leave you with a vase of roses and a cutting of my new plant of pink Gypsophila or also know as Baby's breath .

I  have always wanted this plant and at last I now have the pink also the white which I am waiting for it to bloom, looks lovely with any flowers.




 


20 comments:

  1. I love your rose dish. Nice gifts too. Your garden is always so wonderful. I marvel at all the different flowers in your garden, it must have taken you guys years to get your garden like it is. Lots of those flowers I have never seen over here. But I love to see your garden each week. It's like taking a walk in paradise. Big hugs June. Have a wonderful week and try not to get too much sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new roses by Dany. Oh the pink baby's breath!! LOVE it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful week June. The little stitching bowl you made is lovely and would be so handy. Take care in the heat - its the complete opposite here being mid winter, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Je suis comme toi : j'aime la chaleur mais par trop forte.
    Je te souhaite également une belle semaine ma chère June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little tray.
    As always, your flowers are just so beautiful.
    In the 4th flower pic, can you tell me what that bushy purple flower is please?
    There is 1 in my back garden, & I do not know what it is.
    It went gangbusters this year!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea of pink Baby's Breath--it's so lovely! Now I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, LOVE the rose dish finish! And your flowers are gorgeous! You received some really nice things from your friends, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, LOVE the rose tray finish! And your flowers are gorgeous! You received some really nice gifts from your friends, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you finish the rose designed by Dany. Beautifully finished.
    What lovely flowers you have all around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice flowers...the last one roses in vaze are fantastic ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. Che fiori bellissimi! Qui oltre al caldo non piove mai e la siccità sta facendo danni, non possiamo usare l'acqua per bagnare il giardino, il mio non è più così bello.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely goodies, lovely flower and lovely stitching. I’m like you….I have a container for my photos. I have gathered them all up but yet to sort them. Wintertime project for sure. Have a great week, stay cool and hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi June: What a lovely little basket, Dany created a sweet design.
    Lovely gifts for you.
    As always your garden is stunning.
    WE sorted out photos last winter it felt so good to do so.
    It is warm here and no rain in our area, all around us but not Annandale, Mn.
    Stay cool.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. The stroll in your beautiful garden makes me forget the heat for a while. I suppose you have bovindo ( is the exact name?) as I see in the second picture of the garden. I like it, I imagine watching outside perhaps in a rainy day.
    Have a nice afternoon,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely little tray June .Love your finishing of Dany design very much !
    Your Garden is beautiful, very pretty the pic with the white board . Have a wonderful week, take care in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Once again you are showing us a flower paradise! You really have a green thumb!
    If the climate change gets any worse I think there will be vineyards in England and the French can forget it...too hot in southern France!
    We are having a lovely summer so far after the long, cool and wet spring. Not too hot but plenty of sunshine.
    Stay cool,
    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mom also has lots of photos in boxes, fun to look through. It's good if you write the names on the back. The flower dish holder is wonderful and so practical.
    I love your flower photos so much, your garden must be paradise.
    Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am glad to hear that you write the names on the back of the photos! We always think we will remember but sometimes it's hard to keep track of which auntie or cousin that is!
    The little flower tray is a lovely idea and makes a great gift too.
    Of course your garden looks lovely, I hope you can keep it watered in this hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice pictures and wonderful stitching

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stay cool, it is certainly hot. I too have been staying in watching sport. Enjoy your photo sorting, I did ours last year, as you say it's important to write on them. I am trying to sort my late Dad's photos, I have no idea about some. Beautiful flowers in your garden.

    ReplyDelete