Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday 17 July 2022

It's getting hotter .

 Well It is getting alot hotter , I love it  but also I am  very carful and only go out early morning and later in the afternoons . 

This week I went to see my friend  for coffee on the coast , we go to a lovely coffee shop the cups are big and lots of chocolate on top and a free hand made biscuit , oh so so yummy , but I can never drink it all it's so large . My hubby picked me up then we went for lunch .

 I was telling him I was standing at the bus stop waiting for the bus talking to the man  I often see there, and a big lorry stopped and this tall good looking man jumped out and started to walk towards us , Then he put is arms open and I knew at once it was my  youngest grandson he gave me a big hug , he is so tall . I have not seen him since covid , so he will phone us soon to come over with his new girlfriend , the poor man who was standing next to me said I wondered what was going on untill I told him it was my grandson Ha , these are very sweet moments  I will never forget , and this is not the first time he has done this .

But it made my day to have a big hug from him.

Yesterday we went to a garden afternoon tea to celebrate the life of a lovely lady. There were allot of people there and we sat under a pear tree and had Pimm's  and Champaign  and lots of cream cakes .

It was a lovely afternoon with the lady's family and friends and I am sure she would have been looking down and smiling .

So back to my stitching ,

Well I am really sorry I can't tell you what the chart is called I think it's French may even be Dany's .

But I put it in my basket of stitched items and I keep all my old charts in a folder which I have stitched but no it's not there . I may well find it tomorrow but saying that Hubby did throw some papers out !

                                          Or it could be an age thing it happens when you get older .

But here it is , this time I found a nice box to fit it on to and I will fill it with a few gifts again for a friend.

 


 


                                                 I may pop a rose scarf inside or some soaps .

                                                Something to match the colours .

 We won another gift from the Queen's Jubilee  , Hubby came home with this lovely gift.


 

                                              So cute Thank you British legion 



        I picked a few flowers for the house , but they only last a few days in this heat .

 


 Well It's time to make a coffee and maybe a creamy ice cream , so I will leave you with some photos of the garden flowers they may be gone soon with the heat .

 



















                                                   Have a good week and keep cool .


19 comments:

  1. What a busy and fun week you had, June! I love the story about the tall, young man hugging you--what a surprise you had. You have so many grandchildren and great grandchildren, I'm amazed that you can keep them all straight! Anyway--what a lovely surprise! The little Corgi mug you received is adorable--I've always thought Corgis were the cutest little pups.

    Such a cute box finish you made and beautiful flowers as always. I hope things cool off for you. We are getting the heat this week so I plan on sitting inside and stitching, too. Enjoy your day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see snapdragons, petunias,the light pinks look like some kind of hanging bells,I see pink babies breath and pink button flowers, orange roses and day lilies all in a magical garden. So beautiful. I like your little stitched girl. Love the mug with the Queen's pug's on it. Hope you have a great day and enjoy your coffee and ice cream. big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are having a lovely week. Keep cool now June. Your stitching is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sweet stichery. Your blooms are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear June, Girl you live the life! Cream cakes and biscuits, champagne and hugs from young men! Maybe I should move to England?
    On top you got the cup with the crowned corgi. What more does a woman want!
    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je suis contente que tu aies eu un câlin de ton petit-fils.
    Notre petite-fille vient passer trois semaines de vacances chez nous. Nous ne la voyons que lors des vacances. Nous sommes si heureux de la retrouver. Câlins ma chère June et belle semaine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely surprise with your grandson, these are great experiences.
    What a pretty box, such a beautiful finish. Congratulations on the nice gift. Thank you for your beautiful flower pictures.
    enjoy the week, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Che bella sorpresa tuo nipote, chissà come sei felice, purtroppo il covid ci ha diviso ma la famiglia è la cosa più importante

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice idea to finish the box with this stitched little girl, dear June . Lovely cup hubby won, the corckies are so sweet. The heat here ist not really funny, looking forward to the weekend, often using my shadow garden corner. enjoy the day, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear June, I hope it's not too hot and you can enjoy a cool place in your garden for stitching or reading or ....
    Have a nice week, hugs Erna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh those peachy roses are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds as though you have a busy week. What a pleasant surprise to see your grandson like that. The XS piece on the box is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely surprise from your grandson. Your stitching is lovely, great finish on the box. Beautiful flowers, I hope they (and you) managed ok in the heat we've just had.

    ReplyDelete
  14. June,I like such nice surprises too.I always enjoy a visit from my grandchildren. It's very nice when my grandson Jakub comes with his sons.My grandson David doesn't visit us very often.He's working in a factory over the summer so he can have money to buy a more powerful computer.We want to visit them on Sunday. I will bake him a cake.
    The garden is blooming beautifully.My dad was an excellent gardener and fruit grower.He didn't like it when my mom picked flowers for the vase. He always said they make more people happy in the garden.
    It's been very hot here too.They were calling for the hottest weather today,but it ended up raining pleasantly gently for a few hours.
    I wish you and your family a wonderful summer ☺

    Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

    ReplyDelete
  15. June, what a busy week, I would also like to be hugged by a tall good looking young man ;-)
    Your box is lovely and the garden photos, oh, your garden is blooming beautifully.
    Have a nice weekend Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful surprise to see your grandson, especially after such a long time.
    I love the little girl on the box finish and the corgi mug is very sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely story about your grandson, that must have been such a wonderful surprise for you. Cute stitching finish and such lovely flowers from your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a wonderful surprise from you grandson. He sounds like a very nice young man. Lovely finish, the little girl is cute!
    And thank you for a wonderful walk in your garden, your flowers are always so beautiful. Have a relaxed - and hopefully not too hot! - weekend

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hallo June,
    How nice that your grandson visits you after such a long time and hugs you so warmly. The box turned out wonderful, great finish. a
    As always, your flowers are so beautiful. Have a nice week, Andrea

    ReplyDelete