Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 22 August 2022

Raining today .

 Well hello all, hope you all had a nice weekend and managed to get some stitching in .

Here I am happy to say we  have had some rain , but I wonder if that's it for summer days and will we get more so we can get to sit in ! and enjoy the garden and wild life .

I think we have only sat out in  the Spring , and that  the Summer was a hot wash ,  just to hot to sit out .

I tried it one day and took out my favourite  ice cream a Magnum, they are so yummy .

I thought this will keep me cool while I sit out , so it was all going so well , I was trying to eat the top and the sides , then the front slid down onto the clean slabs then while I was trying to kick it away so hubby could not see the mess on his clean slabs the other side slid down my front well it was a mess worse than the mess my GC use to make .

So now we see who can eat one with out making a mess , so far no one can win not in the sun shine we have had  .

I hope we  get a few more  sunny days so we enjoy the rest of the Magnums in the freezer .

Any way moving on I stitched another little winter stitch this week , I also got in a little mess with this one and need to put a little more snow in place .

 


                      It was from a calendar  2009 a friend sent to me  by Kirsten  Schmidt  .

                     I used DMC threads and a oddment of fabric  from my large box given to me by another                                  friend  who no longer stitches  .

                  I lost the chart looked everywhere and tried to make it look the same .

                   I have just found the chart again on the back of this picture ! 

                              So there you go I am just not with it at all , ha .

 

                      I have sorted two nice puzzles  out for the Autumn I would like to do.





 Well  that's it from me this week ,   I will be back next week then I will be taking a blog break for a month and will see you in October .

Have fun and I will leave you with my flowers that are still holding on after the hot Summer .

 











                       The out door tomatoes have been a winner so sweet and yummy .                 


19 comments:

  1. Your little bird with the snow drops is darling June. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a nice bunch of tomato's, I like your little birdy stitching. big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bellissimo il ricamo con l'uccellino e anche i puzzle che vuoi fare mi piacciono molto

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got some much needed rain, June! We had some the past couple of nights and it's been very welcome. Your flowers are still looking lovely in spite of all the heat this summer. Love your sweet bird! And the design in your header is so cute and summery! I bet you are counting down the days until your trip--hope they go quickly. Enjoy your week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear June, See? my wish for English weather has worked ;-)) We have another very warm day here but the snowdrops you stitched already make me feel cooler ;-)) Nice Tomatoes!!

    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  6. We haven't had rain at all yet! The little bird is very sweet, haven't seen many of them in my garden.
    Enjoy your blog break, I am sure it will be much cooler when you return!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching is beautiful as always June. I love the look of those puzzles. I was at my local Library & I see they rent out puzzles for 50 cents for 3 weeks - they had some good gardening ones I might try. I hope you get to eat your magnums without disaster this week!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice little winter stitching. The little bird with the snowdrops are very cute.
    Wonderful puzzles motifs you have choose. Happy puzzeling.
    Have a nice day, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. June,your flowers are so nice. Your tomatos must be so fantastic.I love to eat them,but it are so bad from supermarkets ☻
    Have nice days

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's very dry and warm here again this week, and the garden is suffering.
    The little tit is so cute with the snowdrops.
    What is that hottensia in the second picture, beautiful from very light to pink.
    enjoy your week, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stitching, so cute this little bird with snowdrops June. Enjoy the blogging break, wishing happy time , loocking forward to you in Oktober, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of your Pictures - the flowers are so so pretty. I love your Finish...this is so cute and so adorable. I love your Finish WIP...that is so cute....

    Take Care & Happy Stitching
    Linda K, Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi June
    You've stitcheda wonderful calendar page, the bird is absolutely adorable.
    We had very little rain, nature is suffering.
    The two puzzles look challenging, I wish you a lot of fun with
    Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear June,
    your new bird makes the heat feeling cooler, but your flowers like the sun. You're always taking care for the garden therefore they are so beautiful, isn't it? And your tomatoes are marvellous ;-)
    Enjoy the day, hugs Erna

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL I bet you looked just like your GC when you were trying to kick away the mess before your DH came! Your bird looks great. Nice puzzles, looking forward to seeing them put together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ciao June I like your new header and your new puzzles, particularly the first one. The flowers from your garden are beautiful as always.
    Have a nice afternoon,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Przeurocza kartka z kalendarza, ten ptaszek i przebiśniegi...wzruszający 😊

    ReplyDelete
  18. The little bird and the early snowdrops is another sweet little stitch. I love the story of eating your treat and trying to hide the evidence. Your puzzle choices are pretty. And you must have the greenest thumb in your town. See you in October.

    ReplyDelete