Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 13 February 2023

It's getting lighter each morning .

 This week passed by faster than ever .

But it is now getting lighter at mornings and later each night . which is good for our stitching.

Well again there is not much good news out there , I have had a few tears this week , seeing what is happening in Turkey , losing loved ones ,  it brings back memory's to me , to lose your child is so heart breaking and you never do get over it but you learn to live with it , but it's so hard . And to watch these poor families who have lost every thing I can't even think how they are feeling. The good thing  is that the world is sending lots of help now , and I hope it will bring country's together more .

So what have I been doing this week , I am working on some smaller stitching and a UFO .

Also I started a short sleeve cardigan for my holidays this year , I find some nights get a little chilly . It's just plain , but a pretty soft wool .

I have also been out in the garden , shopping and having coffee with friends .

It's been cold at night with a couple of frosts , but its not stopping the flowers coming alive .

So here is the UFO I have worked on this week , I like to change things around every few weeks I am a person who gets bored quick ,and I know I won't change that's just me .


                                           So Vera mouse is coming along slowly she is so cute .

                                               Lots of colour changes in this one so it takes a little longer to stitch .



                       This is the little cardigan I have start for my holidays later .


                      Very plain and basic . Knitted with fluffy DK ,



                                                     You can see how soft it looks .


                  And now many flowers are starting to bloom already in February .

            These are the flowers that are blooming right now , I just found some tall snow drops to so that                                                    will be next week .

 







Have a good week all , thank goodness we have our stitching and knitting to take our minds to a good place .

18 comments:

  1. So very true, June--thank goodness for our stitching and other crafts to give us a sense of peace in this upside-down world. Your little mouse is so adorable--love the colors you're choosing. It does take much longer to stitch if you change colors, doesn't it? And your yarn is the softest looking blue shade--it will be lovely! I'm so glad the days are staying light later--I do love the extra light in the evenings. Take care now and enjoy those pretty flowers ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear June, indeed, Vera is very, very cute. I love whom she has invited to her picnic! The yarn you picked reminds me of the first knit project I made when I came to the US. It was blue and of acrylic mohair. Back then there were few yarn shops and very little to choose from. I had forgotten all about that but your knitting brought back the memory.
    Enjoy the early flowers - there are more to come!
    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello June,
    a nice project. The picknick with all the little animals are very cute. I had the kit too. If I stitch it, I made a big mistake, so I didn't finish it. I think, one day I will try it again.
    A lovely cardigan for cold night in the summer.
    Have a nice week. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed the light change also.
    That Cardigan is going to be so soft & pretty.
    Love that Vera Mouse.
    Beautiful flowers, enjoy them!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest June, it's really true that Spring is pounding to show up: there's definitely more light and the sunset comes later. But the bitter cold hasn't stopped your garden from giving tender colored flowers.
    The little mouse you are embroidering is delightful.
    And the cardigan you're knitting, with that light blue wool that looks like a fluffy cloud...it's going to be fantastic!
    A big hug ciao Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello June: Nice progress on the UFO, it is such a sweet design.
    The cardigan is beautiful, the color yarn you chose is positively lovely.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vera Mouse looks cute. Nice if you can always work on it.
    The little cardigan is beautiful, the color is great.
    Beautiful flowers in your garden, we haven't got that far yet.
    Enjoy your week, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is happening in Turkey is very sad June. I hate looking at the news about it. I am happy that they are still finding a few people alive though, that is a miracle in itself! I love your Vera Mouse! She is very cute and your yarn looks so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitched mouse is so sweet and that wool looks amazingly soft and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello dear June. I am playing "catch up" on your posts as I have been away to my Mums again & was gone a long time. Your posts are lovely to read with a cuppa here. Your mouse is just adorable. I just love what you create. 💗
    Yes Turkey is heartbreaking I agree .. sometimes I cannot watch it. We have had cyclone Gabrielle visit us this week & she has left such devastation in parts of our country. We have lots to clean up here but no lives lost as there have been on the other coast. Take care dear June xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I remember this cross stitch pattern - many, many years ago I saw it in a magazine. The wool for little cardigan looks so soft and fine, the right one for summer evenings.
    Try to get a little comfort in your garden and take care.
    Hugs Erna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear June,
    your embroidery with the little mouse Vera is really lovely, I'm already looking forward to more photos of it.
    The cardigan will be beautiful, happy knitting.
    It's also much lighter here in the mornings, but nature is still hibernating, spring is already beginning for you.
    Have a very nice weekend, Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vera mouse looks very cute but I love your cardigan pattern and wool, so soft and pretty looking

    ReplyDelete
  14. June,I like to visit your sites.
    Have a nice Saturday ☺

    ReplyDelete
  15. June,I like to visit your sites ☺
    Have a nice Saturday ☺

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear June,
    oh yes, that makes me especially happy at the moment when it's finally
    light earlyer in the morning. My best stitching time.
    Vera mouse is so cute, you have chosen a wonderful embroidery project.
    look forward pictures of the cardigan. Have a nice weekend, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vera mouse is sweet, your cardigan simple and nice.
    Have a nice week end .
    Big hug
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  18. That yarn looks like a cloud! So soft and fluffy. I love Vera!

    ReplyDelete