Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 20 February 2023

Lovely Monday.

 Today is a beautiful day , it  is warmer and a sunny one.

I did work in the garden yesterday lots of plants are popping out and flowering .

Our new  bedroom carpet will be fitted this week and new light fitting ,

Also we picked up the new curtains . So we are moving forward .

Hubby also picked up loads of DMC threads for me that were 1/2 price which was great  .

I have been sorting my sewing room out , and gave lots of mags and goodies out to some of my sewing friends . I have loads more sorting to do but it takes time , then I find a chart I really want to do , so that all stops and I start kitting up charts and  then make another mess ! So I gave up .

I went to meet a friend last week and caught the coastal bus to Teignmouth and I saw all the new baby lambs in the fields . what a lovely sight seeing them springing and jumping around the fields .

So signs of Spring are coming in early again but last time I said this we had snow in April . So we never know .

So today a new stitch to show that I started at Christmas . So I will need to see how I am going to finish it for next Christmas.

   Poinsettia House by LHN . stitched on a 28ct oddment with a mix of threads .


I did make a few changes on this one .

 


Valentines day .

 






Would you believe yesterday there was a butterfly in my garden also a very large bee , it was a lovely warm day and  it must of woke them up , the bee would not stand still but I was so lucky to get a photo of the butterfly .  Upside down trying to get the pollen out .

 So have a good week and hoping you all get lots of sewing and crafts done .


I have never seen a butterfly so early in the year , I hope he has a home because it's going to get cold again.












                                                     Enjoy your week everyone .




 

19 comments:

  1. You must invite your butterfly friend in for tea and biscuits. I hope he don't freeze. Love your stitching. big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden pictures are so lovely, as always. I have Poinsettia House in my stash. What a pretty finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is looking pretty already June ... won't be long til spring for you now. We have the feel of autumn in the air here - a foggy morning today but the sun is coming out now. Your stitchery is beautiful. I am like you whenever I try to clean my sewing room out - something distracts me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello June, you really have spring when the butterflies and bees show up. It's gray here and the snowdrops have finally sprouted.
    Nice x-mas stitching and as I see you received several valentines.
    Enjoy the flowers in your garden. I envy you!
    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  5. June: Poinsettia House is lovely.
    It will be snowing again soon with 2-4 feet coming in three days, yuk.
    As always your garden photos are beautiful and a lovely butterfly with the flowers.
    Your Valentine displays are lovely.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poinsettia house is beautiful, I would like to work on that too. Oh what cute Valentine's Day cards. We don't celebrate it, but I love the motifs.
    The daffodils are slowly starting to pop out of the ground for me, we're always a bit late. And it's still a while since we redesigned the garden last year, so the flowers have to get used to it.
    I wish you a good week,
    Hugs, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'est si doux de voir le soleil et toutes ces fleurs !
    Belle semaine chère June

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear June, it's really spring when a butterfly is in your garden! Your flowers are so wonderful I can understand him ;-) Your new stitchery looks also wonderful.
    Hugs, Erna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your newest finish is wonderful. A nice motif.
    A lot of beautiful Valentine's Card.
    Have a nice week.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. That happens to me too, I sort & find more things I want to stitch.
    Poinsettia House is so pretty.
    That's a gorgeous Butterfly!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh June Poinsettia House is lovely! It seems unreal that you have a butterfly already!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the poinsettia house so much! I am surprised that so many flowers are already blooming in your garden. The butterfly heralds spring. The first flowers have sprout here, but they are still a long way from blooming. You have received very nice valentines cards.
    Have a nice week,
    hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anch'io ho notato che ci sono già le api così presto, speriamo non torni il freddo! Che bello avere tanti progetti da ricamare!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers are all nice and welcoming for this reason the butterfly has already arrived. The hellebore is wonderful and your Poinsettia house very lovely
    Have a nice week end,
    Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear June,
    you tidied up too, like me.... that feels good, doesn't it?
    Oh, your Poinsettia House is very very pretty. Nature is a lot further with you than with us, how beautiful it is already blooming with you!
    Enjoy the spring, hugs, Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poinsettia House is a lovely finish. My son bought me one for Christmas but it died shortly afterwards. I might have over watered it or the room might have got too cold at night.
    Amazing to see a butterfly in the garden at this time of year!
    Serendipitous Jo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poinsettia House is a lovely finish.
    Beautiful garden you have. Here are lots of snowdrops out too.. i so love these flowers,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ciao June, today I too dedicated myself to the garden and the roses, the work to be done is considerable and let's hope that the snow doesn't come back, as they say! Your "Poinsettia House" is delightful, as are the embroidered cards for Valentine's Day. That beautiful butterfly announces Spring, but also your colorful flowers.
    I send you a big hug
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your finish is so lovely, June! I have that one in my stash--really should stitch it soon. We are having very warm days here, too--but no butterflies yet. Today it is going to be 70° (21C)--so, so warm for February. We are not getting the horrible snow/ice storms that are sweeping across the U.S.

    Sounds like your bedroom re-do is really coming together! I hope you'll share photos with us and give me some inspiration to get going on mine :) Enjoy your weekend, June! ♥

    ReplyDelete