Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 31 May 2023

Sun shine everyday.

 Hello all , 

Yes it's been a wonderful  week with sunshine everyday . Loving every day at the moment .

But with nice days comes hard work to keep everything watered and with a shortage of water in the UK .

We can use a little but not waste it so we are collecting what we can with dish water etc .

Monday was a fun day in our town with the  Ram Roasting Fair  and the Maypole dancing  and most the town get together , so we see lots of friends and chat for ages .

We also crowned the May Queen and the dancing was wonderful they made lovely patterns with the ribbons  around the pole it's a very long tradition . Such a wonderful time. We won lots of prizes to .  

So this is why I am late posting it's just been one of those busy weeks with lots going on , and next week looks to be another busy one .

 So I only had time to stitch on another UFO .

                           Blooms in a teacup by Luca S 




I will now  leave you with my other love  flowers .  


                                                           Peonies , top one was my GDS , then my fathers and now 

                                                         it grows in my garden .



                                                              Our Dogwood .


                                  My roses are beautiful this year .


Here are a few I cut from the garden .



                      Have a good rest of the week , and hope it is sunny for you all now .










15 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun week. Love the stitching and the roses, I can smell them. big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That white rose is beautiful, mine are just starting to bloom, loads of buds so should be lovely once they have caught up. It's been lovely having some sunshine for a change, although it's been overcast here today and is quite nippy with the wind. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so beautiful June. Yes one of the drawbacks of the summer weather is the water restrictions. Right when everything needs extra water too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The motif with the roses in the cup is really pretty.
    Your peonies are great, mine have lots of buds but they're not open yet, I'll probably have to water them more, maybe it will help.
    And your roses - a dream.
    have a few nice days
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful cross stitch motiv. I love roses.
    I like your flowers in your garden.
    Have a nice week. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear June,
    your start of the roses in the cup already looks great .... everything in pink .... the embroidery and also the garden photos, just wonderful!!!!
    Hugs, Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear June,your garden is nice coloured.Do you know that exist yellow piones. My Polish friend has it.It was a big surprise for me ☺
    Have a nice day ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitching is beautiful as are all your flowers! I love looking at your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your stitching of rose in the cup, I love roses.
    It's blooming beautifully in your garden.
    Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you enjoyed yourself at the fair, sounds like there was perfect weather for it. Your Blooms in a Teacup are pretty! Have a great week June.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your roses in the teacup, but your peonies are marvellous. It's a pity, that the warm weather brings problems concerning water systems, I hope rain will come soon.
    Have a happy weekend, Erna

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy again! Make the most of the lovely weather.
    My pots only need one or two watering cans and they are done so I don’t feel too bad about that. The barren patch from under the old conifers has now rewilded itself and there are poppies!
    Serendipitous Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, your "Blooms in the Teacup" cross stitching project is
    absolutey stunning June . Love the colours and the pretty details.
    Your Garden is blooming beautifully, it's evident that you put a lot of love into your garden. Happy stitching, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed this post as my grandson was visiting. Oh, what a busy little fellow--no time to stitch or blog, but that's okay :) I love the colors in your teacup piece. And what beautiful flowers--I think I have that same white peony with a touch of reddish pink in my garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That peony is wonderful. And your cross stitch nice and demanding.

    ReplyDelete