Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, 26 July 2026

JULY

Well here we are , almost the end of July . It's been so hot to do anything .

It takes  allot longer to do any work or even your hobbies .

So not much work done here . keeping the garden alive is hard and the lawns are so brown , we pick up the rose petals at dusk. Do any garden jobs then or early morning . The garden is coming alive now with butterflies , but very few bees this year. we are keeping the water pools full for the birds.

Stitching not good, I am trying, but it's  to sticky . I am still clearing out my craft rooms . Trouble is I make a start then stop . and start making cards !  Yesterday and today I am tiding all my threads into groups . in trays . It's so hot midday you can't do anything .

So we have had a rest this Summer, we don't like doing nothing we like to keep active , Hubby has mended a few items , that have waited  for years to be mended.

So how are you all coping with this very hot weather ?  

I will leave you with some pictures , I have stitched , but I have  not done any finishing . hoping to in the Autumn.

      This is just a small stitch I got to stitch , so hard to stitch when it is so hot 

    

I did finish a lovely puzzle  


It took me weeks to do but loved it.



And then the garden , trying to keep the plants alive has been hard work this year . So I will leave you  now , to  enjoy your walk through the garden  . 



































     We will be having more hot weather on the way  no rain for weeks 
Water is getting short again so I am watering garden with cold tea .
And washing water , plants are hanging on but the lawn looks dead.
Take care all and keep safe.

13 comments:

  1. Gosh your heatwave has been relentless this summer June - it is so hard to keep the garden alive when its like that isn't it. That puzzle is just delightful & reminds me of one I did many years ago. Take care June. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. For several days my husband and I took a couple of washing up bowls into the shower and although it's not easy showering with them on the floor, we were able to use the water for plants, they don't mind a bit of soap. Thankfully we have had a bit of rain these past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had also hot weather, but last week and today it's cooler. And it will be hotter the next days.
    Love your little Stitches and the puzzle looks great. Beautiful Flowers in your garden.
    Have a good week, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to read your always kind comments. Your flowers are also beautiful. Thank you Fiore

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you are still dealing with this terrible heat, June. I can't imagine how hot and sticky it must be. Do you at least have fans to offer some relief? We need rain terribly here, too. Haven't had any in weeks... Your flowers still look so pretty, but I'm sure you notice a difference from years when you've had less heat and more rain. What a great puzzle and little finish--love the colors! Hope August brings cooler days and some much needed rain your way! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are still so pretty; those roses are gorgeous! I'm also cleaning out my sewing room and doing outside chores in the morning; even though it's already in the 90s, it's not as bad as the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not been enjoying the very hot weather, I'm hoping August will be cooler and rain in the south will be good!
    Your flowers look very pretty.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual your garden blooms are lovely. I must say, that is a really nice puzzle. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello June,
    the last day it was a little bit cool, but for the next few days it will be hot. I try to get stitching. and knitting, when it not fix, I will read in my book.
    Your flowerstitching is beautiful and the puzzle motif looks great.
    Have a nice week. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here we have the same, June, it's to hot , no rain since last week.
    July brought hardly any rain, and now our waterreseves are almost depleted.
    Your garden is a magnificent display of blooms , ist is a joy to see your pics.
    Wishing you happy weekende, big hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope August is cooler than July. Your flowers are gorgeous and I love the variety. Puzzles are fun and that one is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello June: Oh my it has been hot here also, I am a fan of heat, it gets so cold here, love the floral design and the puzzle is beautiful, I am so in love with all your flowers in the garden, so beautiful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear June, this summer really is very tiring, I hope it’ll cool down a bit now.
    Your flowers still look lovely; you can really tell how well you look after them. Your embroidery looks just as lovely, and you’ve finished that big puzzle too.
    Wishing you a cooler weekend, hugs Erna

    ReplyDelete